Wella Hair Toner is used to brighten or deepen the shade of blonde after coloring. Normally used after bleaching, it neutralizes hair and also removes brassiness. The beige toner helps to get rid of rusty looking yellow and orange tones. The ash toner helps to make the color gray.
1. The first and foremost step is to select the toner. For this you need to examine the color of your hair. If it is of a medium brown to black color, you will have to opt for peroxide to lift the color and thereafter dye it blonde. In this case you will require a blue-based toner that will reduce the brassiness and neutralize the yellow/orange color. If your hair is blonde to light brown, you will require an ash or golden toner.
2. After selecting the toner, your next task is to mix the toner. Combine 1 part toner with 2 arts 20-volume developer and blend them well. Use a brush for the same. However if your toner has a 10-volume developers, you need to mix 1 part toner to 4 parts of developer.
3. Apply the mixture to your hair after shampooing. Avoid strands that do not require it.
4. Allow the mixture to remain for 5 minutes based on whether you wish to neutralize, brighten or deepen. If your hair color is already blonde, you may leave it for just 2 or 3 minutes
5. Rinse your hair till water runs clear and make sure you use a conditioner to rehydrate hair.