The best method to determine if a color is suitable for you is to choose a semi-permanent hair color. A semi-permanent hair color last for as long as 6 weeks. This gives you enough time to determine if it is good for you and if you are ready to commit to that color. However, if you find that the color has wrecked your look and if you do not want to wait until 6 weeks to wash away the color you do have certain processes that you need to do, say experts from L’Oreal.
- Microwave extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup) for one minute.
- Once it can be touched, apply it over your hair. Apply from the roots to the ends ensuring that you coated your hair.
- Wrap a Plastic cover over your hair to keep the heat in. Also place a warm towel and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes. This helps to loosen the color.
- Now stand under the shower and allow water to run all over making the color run out. Rinse thoroughly.
- Use a volumizing shampoo and rinse thoroughly. This shampoo makes it easier for the color to be removed. You may need to shampoo once or twice for the olive oil residue to be washed out completely.